[Letux-kernel] omap3 isp -- media-ctl

Javier Martinez Canillas javier at osg.samsung.com
Thu Sep 8 17:56:04 CEST 2016

Hello,

On 09/08/2016 11:34 AM, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

[snip]

>>> Regarding your patch I could also submit it together with the full set of driver
>>> patches (we have added DT support) if you agree. But I don't see any issues if you
>>> submit it separately.
>>>

>> Since adding async probe is orthogonal to the ov9655 support, I think that's
>> better to post it separately.
>
> Ok, then we keep it in our patch set (for testing) until it arrives in linus/master
> but mark it in a way that we don't post it.
>
> And you can add a tested-by: <me>

Sorry, I already posted some hours ago before getting your email. Feel free to
add your tested by in the patch thread since I added to the cc list.

[snip]

>> Great, I can't comment on the contents since I'm not familiar with the ov965x
>> family. But I noticed that you are missing the [media] prefix in the subjects.
>
> Ok, thanks for this hint. Every subsystem has its own conventions and this is the
> first media driver...

No worries, the inconsistencies are sometimes a little bit annoying, specially since
some maintainers get mad as if everyone should know their special conventions :)

>>> This also includes one patch for the isp driver which silences a bad of_node_put() warning.
>>> This could also be submitted separately. Should I?
>>>

>> I think so, this is a bug fix for omap3isp so I think should be post it ASAP.
>
> Ok, I post it separately.

Ok, thanks.

Best regards,
--