[Letux-kernel] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: build log :)

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Oct 27 16:32:12 CEST 2016

> Am 27.10.2016 um 12:22 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>

>> Am 26.10.2016 um 22:32 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:

>> INSTALL drivers/gpu/drm/tilcdc/tilcdc.ko - due to target is PHONY
>> INSTALL drivers/gpu/pvr/omap3/pvr_sgx530_rev125.ko - due to target is PHONY
>> INSTALL drivers/hid/hid-logitech-hidpp.ko - due to target is PHONY
>>

>> iMac:modules hns$ ls -l lib/modules/4.9.0-rc2-letux+/kernel/drivers/gpu/pvr/omap3/pvr_sgx530_rev125.ko
>> -rw-r--r--  1 hns  staff  4075344 26 Okt 22:17 lib/modules/4.9.0-rc2-letux+/kernel/drivers/gpu/pvr/omap3/pvr_sgx530_rev125.ko
>> iMac:modules hns$
>>
>> Quite a fat thin,g but compiles (again) on 4.9 kernel :)
>>
>> Well, we still have to make it working (I have not even tested if it can be modprobed).
>
> Here:
>
> root at letux:~# modprobe pvr_sgx530_rev125
> [  246.543914] pvrsrvkm pvrsrvkm: PVRSRVDriverProbe: error: reset_control_get
> [  246.561035] pvrsrvkm: probe of pvrsrvkm failed with error -22
> root at letux:~# ls -l /dev/pvrsrvkm
> crw------- 1 root root 243, 0 Jan  1 00:03 /dev/pvrsrvkm
> root at letux:~#
>
> So the module loads fine and creates the /dev node :)
>
>> Areas to be looked at:
>> * dma management - it still tries to use some very low (assembler) level functions for DMA Cache control
>> * reset framework - it is not clear if the SGX module is correctly set up and reset
>
> Of course we have to fix the reset framework...
>
> BTW: it is really simple to make it load through DT:
>
> 	gpu {
> 		compatible = "ti,sgx";
> 	};
>
> should suffice :)
>
> But we probably should fix that as well to require the correct sgx revision and not ti,sgx in general.
> This would prevent loading the wrong kernel module if several are available.

Have done this now. Seems to basically work.

I have also added a /root/gpu-demo script which tries to start the pvr
and run a demo. If needed it loads the binary libs and init code from the
quantumstep repository.

Of course it fails...

So it is up to you to play around and help to fix the two remaining buggy
areas. I have clearly noted what to do and it does not appear to be really
difficult. Just time consuming to read and understand yet another Linux API...

Here is the tree:

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/hns/gpu/pvr-v2