[Letux-kernel] Request for tasks

Andrey Utkin andrey_utkin at fastmail.com
Sun May 29 13:27:36 CEST 2016

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 07:33:07AM +0200, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> I think for the sensors they are even public:
>
> https://ae-bst.resource.bosch.com/media/_tech/media/datasheets/BST-BMC150-DS000-04.pdf
> https://ae-bst.resource.bosch.com/media/_tech/media/datasheets/BST-BMG160-DS000-09.pdf
> https://ae-bst.resource.bosch.com/media/_tech/media/datasheets/BST-BME280_DS001-11.pdf
> https://ae-bst.resource.bosch.com/media/_tech/media/datasheets/BST_BNO055_DS000_13.pdf
>
> There is a user-space driver for the BNO055 but some iio kernel driver would be better:
> https://github.com/BoschSensortec/BNO055_driver

Thanks for links.
Really nice datasheets.

BTW There is a ready kernal driver for BMG160:
https://github.com/BoschSensortec/Linux_Kernel_Drivers/tree/master/drivers/input/misc/BMG160

Would it be fine to just forward-port this driver, or something must be
changed in interfaces?

Making drivers for the chips listed above seems a good task for me, I
will work on this.

I see the Sensortec drivers use I2C. Is it a way to go for Pyra board?
I.e. not SPI (which is also an option for those chips)?

Just in case - do we have any contact with customer support people from
BOSCH besides email contact at bosch-sensortec.com ?