[Letux-kernel] [Kernel] clock: dpll_abe_ck failed transition to 'locked'

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri May 27 11:30:05 CEST 2016

Hi,

> Am 27.05.2016 um 11:09 schrieb Michael Mrozek <EvilDragon at openpandora.org>:
>
> Am Thu, 26 May 2016 23:58:30 +0300 hat Andrey Utkin
> <andrey_utkin at fastmail.com> geschrieben:
>
> Hi Andrey,
>
> thanks for your offer for help and welcome :D
>
> As Nikolaus is not on IRC, it's great having someone else working on
> the kernel who is on IRC.

Well, I would say the most important thing is to have someone more working
on the kernel :)

The second important factor is to communicate and exchange ideas (by whatever
means).

IRC is IMHO not a prerequisite to be successful. It is just another choice for a tool
amongst others for communication.

In fact I have never been missing IRC for kernel work or any other project...
And as mentioned earlier, I have no spare time to hang on several IRC channels.

Just send me an e-mail and I will respond within minutes if I am available (20 min this time).

> So we can discuss there and work on patches and send the final results
> to Nikolaus.

There are never final results :) Only if they arrive at kernel.org in linux/next...

Also important will be to provide write access to the git repo (but that does not
work for the strange server error).

> If you really want to work more on that, I should also be able to send
> you a prototype unit at some time.

Or it could be useful to start with an OMAP5432EVM or IGEP5 board so
that kernel work is not blocked by hardware availability.

>> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 10:16:00PM +0200, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>>> Oh nice! We definitively need help to get the patches in the
>>> feature branches into kernel.org
>>
>> Will do my best to be helpful. Thanks for great introduction, I have
>> fetched the correct git repo and will review what is where.  I am
>> andrey_utkin at Freenode IRC. I look at #dragonbox-pyra from time to
>> time, but if there's dedicated development room, I'd like to know
>> about it.
>>
>>> We also have an issue tracker so that you can see what we know as
>>> missing or buggy:
>>>
>>> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/issues/
>>
>> My account registration fails when I submit my password:
>>
>> The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from
>> fulfilling your request.
>>
>> An email has been sent to the administrators, we will correct this
>> error as soon as possible. Thank you for your comprehension.
>>
>> 500 - Internal Server Error

I am still searching for that issue but with no success. PEAR is installed
(and used in other locations of Indefero, e.g. sending out notification mails).

Indefero search path also includes the right directory. Even cleaning the
caches and restarting the server didn't help yet.