[Letux-kernel] Charging on GTA04

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jun 28 22:36:34 CEST 2016

Hi Marek,

> Am 28.06.2016 um 21:45 schrieb Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Nikolaus,
>
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 9:42 PM, H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>> Hi Marek,
>>
>>> Am 28.06.2016 um 20:55 schrieb Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi Nikolaus,

>>> OK
>>> After updating modules  eth gadget doesn't work
>>
>> Ok, that is strange! Well, the depmod database may be out of sync.
>>
>>> but charging seems to
>>> be fine also wifi is up & running:
>>> USB
>>> POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=twl4030_usb
>>> POWER_SUPPLY_STATUS=Charging
>>> POWER_SUPPLY_ONLINE=1
>>> POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=4974861
>>> POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_NOW=507690
>>> POWER_SUPPLY_INPUT_CURRENT_LIMIT=499381
>>> 4974861
>>
>> ok.

>> did you also try to replace the uImage?
> Nope.

Ok. Well, it could have something compiled into the kernel which differs.

>> The more I think about it, it could indeed be:

>> What are you using as user-space?
>> Do you have installed the Letux udev rules?
> Yes it was oart of modules so I replaced it and I'm running on Debian
> GNU/Linux 8.

Ok.

Hm. Would be interesting to try a bitwise copy of your SD card on one
of my GTA04 boards... But that is usually in the GByte range so uploading
through FTP takes a lot of time&bandwidth...

I want to do similar tests tomorrow by trying to mix 4.3 and 4.7-rc5
kernel/modules.

BR and thanks,