[Letux-kernel] Charging on GTA04

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 20:55:02 CEST 2016

Hi Nikolaus,

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:47 AM, H. Nikolaus Schaller
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> Hi Marek,
>
>> Am 27.06.2016 um 22:26 schrieb Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hi Nikolaus,
>>
>> I build fresh 4.7-rc5-letux (make mrproper
>
> I never heard about make mrproper. What is the difference to make clean?
>
> Anyways I never had issues and rarely did have to make clean when
> switching branches.
>
>> ARCH=arm; make
>> letux_defconfig ARCH=arm) boot device and twl4030_usb is reporting:
>> root at letux:~# cat /sys/class/power_supply/twl4030_usb/status
>> Charging
>> root at letux:~# cat /sys/class/power_supply/twl4030_usb/voltage_now
>> 4961175
>> root at letux:~# cat /sys/class/power_supply/twl4030_usb/current_now
>> 509352
>>
>> genric-adc-battery has bug that despite of fact that twl4030 report
>> charging generic adc-batt report discharging. Also eth gadget works
>> for me. Strange.
>
> Can we do this test:
>
> please install (step by step boot and verify):
> * device-trees
OK
> * modules
After updating modules  eth gadget doesn't work but charging seems to
be fine also wifi is up & running:
USB
POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=twl4030_usb
POWER_SUPPLY_STATUS=Charging
POWER_SUPPLY_ONLINE=1
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=4974861
POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_NOW=507690
POWER_SUPPLY_INPUT_CURRENT_LIMIT=499381
4974861

> * uImage
>
> from
>
> http://download.goldelico.com/letux-kernel/letux-4.7-rc5/
>
> over your running system?
>
> At least we can then exclude a compiler or compilation bug...
>
> I will in parallel recompile 4.3 from source and try to boot that one.
> And check for significant diffs to the old version at http://download.goldelico.com/letux-kernel/4.3/
> (what an Archive of build results can be good for :)
>
> If compiler issues can be excluded, we could also have a user-space
> influence (fstab, inittab, udev rules or whatever).
>
> BR and thanks,
> Nikolaus

BR,

marek