[Letux-kernel] Request for tasks

Andrey Utkin andrey_utkin at fastmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:15:37 CEST 2016

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 02:11:53PM +0200, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> I only came up with the nub/joystick driver which works, but has not yet been pushed
> at all:
>
> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/hns/input/as5013

This looks like a good task for me. Thanks.

> So I would say you could try to clean up the as5013 driver first and then try to get it upstream.
> A minor problem is that you can't easily test the cleaned up version and if feedback asks to
> solve something differently.

Looks like original authorship of Grazvydas Ignotas should be left,
despite numerous changes by you (and apparently future cleanup by me). Right?
Other contributors could be mentioned in the commit message.

> All others are either not mature enough for upstreaming or in some intermediate LKML review
> stage (in most cases there has been feedback but is not worked completely into version n+1
> so it is difficult to define/describe the current status - except that it works for us).

I'm fine to dig feedback from history and to make some n+1's, when I'm
done with nub driver.

> One important driver is still empty and needs real driver development work:
>
> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/hns/mmc/txs02612

Looked interesting until I reviewed the datasheet PDF (of 25 pages),
then I've realized that I have no idea what to do with this :)
Everything is about electricity, no "registers i/o" to which I'm
accustomed :)