[Letux-kernel] bme280 driver

Matt Ranostay mranostay at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 11:23:59 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 2:01 AM, Andrey Utkin <andrey_utkin at fastmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt!
>
> I am contacting with you because of your recent linux-iio patch
> submission adding BME280 support.
>
> I am involved in kernel development for Pyra Handheld project
> (http://pyra-handheld.com/). Bosch BME280 chip is amongst peripherals
> included on Pyra's mainboard. So we are interested to benefit from your
> great work.
>
> So, do you have any schedule for resubmission of your patchset
> "iio: pressure: bmp280: add BME280 part support"? Even if there's
> nothing done yet, or you no longer work on it, just let us know please.

Has been merged within maintainer tree already:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jic23/iio.git/commit/?h=testing&id=14beaa8f5ab11b881c5e822e2474f5278d0946d5

> Could you please also check if our DT configuration coherent with your
> BME280 patch (and how to fix it)? Our main developer has such concerns
> about his "draft" declarations:

Yeah you'll have to update your device tree to use "bme280"

>> One thing we still have to add/fix will be the DT node. Maybe you
>> could look into the bindings defined by the Intel guy and check what
>> we have to change (if anything). Current Pyra DT is:
> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=blob;f=arch/arm/boot/dts/pyra-mainboard.dtsi;h=a7c5dd8ae0eff79610a88de282a39233db0656cf;h
> +b=refs/heads/letux-4.7-rc1#l438
>> It looks quite preliminary/partially wrong to me (even if I have
>> written it :).
>
> You can see original posting of main Pyra kernel developer regarding
> this here:
> http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/letux-kernel/2016-June/000195.html
>
> Also we are interested in any additional code from which we could
> benefit. There is a chance that BNO055 chip will be included on device's
> mainboard, and there seems to be no driver for it in mainline kernel. If
> you have any kernel code for it, we'd love to look at it.

No code for this yet. But I am no longer working for Intel as of next
week or so, so I am open to an contracting offers to enable this :).