[Letux-kernel] Request for tasks

Andrey Utkin andrey_utkin at fastmail.com
Tue Jun 7 00:51:52 CEST 2016

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 01:32:34PM +0200, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> > BTW There is a ready kernal driver for BMG160:
> > https://github.com/BoschSensortec/Linux_Kernel_Drivers/tree/master/drivers/input/misc/BMG160
>
> Ah, yes.

I am somewhat confused by what you've written earlier:

> We have these sensor chips:
> * BMC160
> * BMG150
> * or BNO055
> * BME280

But now I see that there's no datasheet available for BMG150 and BMC160
- only BMG160 and BMC150.

BUT, there's drivers/iio/{magnetometer,accel}/bmc150* in upstream kernel.

But for BMG, there's just drivers/iio/gyro/bmg160* , so no "150".

Could you please confirm exact chip names?

> BTW: the BME280 has two sensors in one and the BMP085 should be very similar.
> AFAIR the BMC150 also has two chips inside (BMM150 and some BMA220). For the latter there is also a driver.

BME280 support has been developed lately by one guy from Intel (BTW
seems all Bosch drivers in mainline kernel are maintained by Intel), it
is pending some likely-trivial rebasing and resubmission to kernel
upstream:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-iio/msg23988.html

I could contact him to ask about his plans for new submission, and if
there's any more code we could benefit from :)

BTW Intel has some IoT project which includes drivers for many of
mentioned chips, but not in form of Linux kernel modules:
https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/upm/pull/423

So, if we pretend that we've got BME280 driver, and those bm[cg]1[56]0
which are already in upstream kernel, which drivers are still lacking?