[Letux-kernel] OpenPhoenux hacking weekend successful!
H. Nikolaus Schaller
hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jun 6 15:36:00 CEST 2016
we did meet for two days in Munich (thanks to Lukas' company 'emvolution' for the inspiring location!).
We were 8 enthusiasts eagerly wanting to fix kernel bugs and taking a look into modernizing
Results are not yet as tangible as we all would like to see, but there is now a good foundation
for forther work, using the resources we have: e-mail, git, project managament.
And not to forget the new personal connections (including some new PGP cross-signatures).
Here is what we see as main achievements:
* kernel 4.7-rc1 now boots
* camera driver recognizes the presence of the camera module (and even the new one)
* generic-adc-battery driver can report an estimate of state of charge even if hdq is n/a
* improvements for wifi driver
* fixed some Replicant bugs with 4.7-rc1 rfkill wwan driver
* a vision how to develop and package qtmoko with/into Debian
* qt-embedded 4.8.7 compiles as debian packages (there will be user and dev packages)
* first demos show on screen (touch needs to be made responding)
* new scripts so that Debian boxer tool can create different flavors of root file systems
* many discussions about Debian / mainline / Letux kernel harmonization
* fun (table soccer)
Some presentation slides of introduction and a summary can be found here:
More tangible results are to be expected to be published in the next weeks.
I hope that the discussions we have started will continue on one of the three mailing lists
where this mail goes to.
A big wish by the participants was to repeat such a hacking session (maybe running over
a full week but not everybody must be present all the time). And not too far away in the future
from now :)
So let me also say thank you to the generous donators from the OpenPhoneux community who
sponsored this workshop. If you like to sponsor such events in the future, please use:
BR and happy hacking,
More information about the Letux-kernel