[Letux-kernel] automatic charging working with 4.7

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Tue Jul 26 22:09:49 CEST 2016

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 21:07:30 +0200
Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I finally took the advice given to us about in the UART slave
> discussion:
> Fix powermanagement issues in userspace ;-)
> So I did:
>
> rmmod twl4030_charger
> sleep 2
> #USB PHY_CLK_CTRL
> #seems to be already done
> twl-i2c.sh USB w 0xFE 0x01
> sleep 1
> twl-i2c.sh USB r 0xFF
> #should be 01
>
> #USB POWER_CTL_SET  OTG_EN
> twl-i2c.sh USB w 0xAD 0x20

modprobe twl4030_charger here seems to be enough here.
The further writes seem not to be necessary.
This was with usb cable attached during boot.
ethernet gadget seems to work reliably. after that.

after replugging usb, to re-enable charging
just a rmmod twl4030_charger ; modprobe twl4030_charger needs
to be done.