[Letux-kernel] letux-4.7-rc7: charging & ethernet gadget

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Tue Jul 19 07:01:09 CEST 2016

On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 20:53:09 +0200

> > Am 18.07.2016 um 20:41 schrieb Andreas Kemnade
> > <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >
> > On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 18:08:38 +0200
> > "H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> >
> > MUSB itself gets the plugging info via ULPI from twl4030...
> > And if VBus measurement somehow does not work, it also influences
> > musb. I just remembered the state we reached in the kernel workshop.
> > Linear charging was working.
>
> Yes.
>
> > Vbus measurement was working. Gadget was
> > working, b_host.sh was working.
>
> AFAIR it did not work for my devices.

What did not work? I only remember that you had to replug the
cable at the right side for something (gadget?)?

> Note: it somehow depends on the device. I have one Letux7004 where it
> worked last time I tested.
>
> So the problem is even more subtle. Some small difference in hardware
> makes the problem appear or not.
>
> > That was 4.7rc1 + fixes done there. So
> > somewhere in between there and now caused something vbus
> > measurement to break.
> > As now b_host.sh, vbus and gadget do not work.
> > So maybe we should first concentrace on reaching the workshop state
> > again. So that is a bit like a git bisect between that 4.7rc1 and
> > now.
>
> Or looking at your original patches
>
> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/kemnade/charging_fixes
> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/hacks
>
> and heck if they were rebased properly. And are complete.

It seems that they are there.
rc3 seems to still be like rc1.
rc4 not.

Maybe next thing is to probably trace writes to the twl in twl-core.c
and then diff them. Maybe also trying with disabled musb.

message sent through a GTA04 with 4.7rc3 via USB and ip masquerading to
wwan