[Letux-kernel] letux-4.7-rc7: charging & ethernet gadget

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jul 18 20:53:09 CEST 2016

> Am 18.07.2016 um 20:41 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 18:08:38 +0200
>
> MUSB itself gets the plugging info via ULPI from twl4030...
> And if VBus measurement somehow does not work, it also influences
> musb. I just remembered the state we reached in the kernel workshop.
> Linear charging was working.

Yes.

> Vbus measurement was working. Gadget was
> working, b_host.sh was working.

AFAIR it did not work for my devices.

Note: it somehow depends on the device. I have one Letux7004 where it worked
last time I tested.

So the problem is even more subtle. Some small difference in hardware
makes the problem appear or not.

> That was 4.7rc1 + fixes done there. So
> somewhere in between there and now caused something vbus measurement to
> break.
> As now b_host.sh, vbus and gadget do not work.
> So maybe we should first concentrace on reaching the workshop state
> again. So that is a bit like a git bisect between that 4.7rc1 and now.

Or looking at your original patches

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/kemnade/charging_fixes
http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/hacks

and heck if they were rebased properly. And are complete.

>> Or changes something in the madc/bciadc part.
>>
> Any side effects from generic madc battery?

No :(
I had even removed these and twl4030_madc. No change.