[Letux-kernel] letux-4.7-rc7: charging & ethernet gadget

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jul 18 08:31:22 CEST 2016

> Am 18.07.2016 um 07:04 schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>
> Hi,
> charging seems to work if you do
>
> 	echo continuous > /sys/class/power_supply/twl4030_usb/mode
>
> so only auto mode is completely broken on most devices.
> Ethernet gadget still does not work.
>
> But both work with our 4.3 kernel.

Some new trick with git and some new observation:

The command

	git checkout v4.7-rc7 -- .

will just overlay v4.7-rc7 and revert all changes of files that exist upstream.
The result is a tree with letux_defconfig, all our extensions and device tree
extensions (incomplete).

So this is a tree that I can easily compile and test with my build helper scripts.

Then I can pull in changed files (git status will even report all our Letux diffs) peu a peu.

The new result is:

* charging doesn't work either. And not even the echo continuous trick.
* so I conjecture: the bug is upstream. Or less likely in our letux_defconfig.

The question remains: where?