[Letux-kernel] letux-4.7-rc7: charging & ethernet gadget

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mon Jul 18 08:18:46 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 07:04:53 +0200
"Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> charging seems to work if you do
>
> 	echo continuous > /sys/class/power_supply/twl4030_usb/mode

yep, fixed on kernel hacking workshop...

> so only auto mode is completely broken on most devices.
> Ethernet gadget still does not work.

My suspect is that vbus measurement configuration in
the madc part of twl4030 seems to be broken. That causes many things
dependant on that to fail.
I am just back from my holiday trip so I have not investigated
further.
I guess just writing to a single register at the right place
should be a first fix.