[Letux-kernel] Power management (GTA04)

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jul 7 09:09:46 CEST 2016

Hi,
the OpenPandora has achieved a significant power saving:

https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/superzaxxon-v1-75.77636/

resulting in 2 weeks in suspend/idle (lid closed) with a 4000 mAh battery.

This would translate to 4 days with our HF08 1200 mAh battery.

Well, we have some hardware differences/issues:
a) if we keep the modem on, we have between 3 and 10mA (depending
on signal strength from the GSM tower - the closer you are the lower
the power consumption)
b) our IrDA/RS232 circuit can't be powered down completely (GTA04A5 fixes this)
c) the OMAP XTAL is running permanently (GTA04A5 can turn it off)

It will be very interesting to study what the new Pandora system has
done to achieve this and tinker with our GTA04 system to achieve the
same.