[Letux-kernel] suspend current

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mon Aug 22 22:39:02 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 09:24:57 +0200

> > Am 22.08.2016 um 08:05 schrieb Andreas Kemnade
> > <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am wondering what is up with suspend current and phy-twl4030
> > power management.
>
> Yes something is broken. That is what the themographic camera seems
> to indicate that the phy-twl4030 is staying powered up. But I have not
> checked with our latest charger fixes. The same bugs which prevented
> charger working might also make phy-twl4030 stay active.

I have fixed some pm issues in phy-twl4030-usb which might improve the
situation.

> > Due to hardware problems I cannot easily measure that at the moment.
> > What would be interesting: suspend current with only omap2430 module
> > blacklisted and suspend suspend current with omap2430 and
> > phy-twl4030-usb module not loaded.
> > So I someone finds time to test that, it would be helpful.
>
> I think I can do that next week.
>
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > You can find a letux-4.8-rc2 here (and totally untested rc3):
> >
> > https://github.com/akemnade/linux.git
>
> Any important changes (improvements)?

Well, when compiling the rc2  make asked me about a new userspace
copy hardening option. I enabled that and then I tested a patch series
Tony put me on cc: for. tar caused a kernel oops during copying the new
modules... So should that be a protection against broken kernels? ;-)

I mainly created the newer -rcs for testing patches against something
recent. I have not noticed any improvements from upstream.
There is a new patch from me:
phy-twl4030-usb: better handle musb_mailbox() failure
which might improve the suspend situation.

I trust now the phy-twl4030-usb driver again. So it is
time to go back to musb and fix bugs there (and hopefully
not unveil other phy-twl4030-usb bugs by that).