[Letux-kernel] why no pinctl for mmc2 in devicetree

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Thu Aug 4 16:59:37 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 07:49:06 +0200

> > Am 04.08.2016 um 07:00 schrieb Andreas Kemnade
> > <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am wondering why there is no pinctl section for mmc2 in the gta04
> > devicetree files. Or have I overlooked something?
>
> I think they run in default mode or what is set-up in U-Boot.
>
> If you think we need to set it up in kernel, please provide a patch.

I will do. And please review, since errors will probably be hard
to spot.

> > Having such things seems to be part of a clean way of using sdio
> > irqs.
>
> Yes, I think it could requires switching between pinmux states and
> then we must define the standard case...

At the kernel workshop we have seen that the additional
pm_runtime_get/put pair I added was necessary. That means that
also with our processor fclk has to run for sdio irq handling.
So the corresponding line has to be remuxed as gpio to get an irq
if fclk will be switched off and absolutely necessary if we want
to have some wakeup on wlan from suspend.