[Letux-kernel] Kernel 4.6-rc2 broken?

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mon Apr 25 12:27:26 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 12:10:46 +0200
Lukas Maerdian <lukas at goldelico.com> wrote:

> Am 08.04.2016 um 15:27 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller:
> > Hi,
> > I have tried to boot the letux-4.6-rc2 kernel today on a GTA04A3 board and it seems to be broken.
> > It simply hangs after
> >
> > Starting kernel ...
> >
> > Going back to letux-4.5-rc7 uImage + DT + modules works.
> >
> > Also not working on GTA04A3 are 4.5.0. 4.6-rc1 and 4.6-rc2. All these kernels work on the OMAP5.
> >
> > Here are the sources of both variants.
> > http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/letux-4.5-rc7
> > http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/letux-4.5
> >
> > So we may have some hidden bug that only shows itself on OMAP3 or the gta04 device
> > tree or some peripheral driver (again the twl4030 which is permanently reworked?).
> >
> > And it shows that we need more people who test the kernels!
>
> Hi!
>
> I built and tested the "letux-4.6-rc2+android-letux-base+android-logger"
> branch today. And I can observe the exactly same issue.... On the serial
> console it just hangs after "Starting kernel ..."
>
> Do you know if the problem is fixed in -rc3 already?

letux-4.5 boots here
letux-4.6rc4 hangs at starting kernel
(I probably have not seen working wifi after that try,
see my other thread!!!)
Maybe there is no coincidence. I did not use wifi the next
days.

mainline 4.5 boots (well, of course with limited functionality)
mainline 4.6rc4 also boots with limited functionality
same for linus/master on saturday

all tested on GTA04A4.