[Letux-kernel] Kernel 4.5 broken?

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Apr 8 15:27:26 CEST 2016

Hi,
I have tried to boot the letux-4.6-rc2 kernel today on a GTA04A3 board and it seems to be broken.
It simply hangs after

Starting kernel ...

Going back to letux-4.5-rc7 uImage + DT + modules works.

Also not working on GTA04A3 are 4.5.0. 4.6-rc1 and 4.6-rc2. All these kernels work on the OMAP5.

Here are the sources of both variants.
http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/letux-4.5-rc7
http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/letux-4.5

So we may have some hidden bug that only shows itself on OMAP3 or the gta04 device
tree or some peripheral driver (again the twl4030 which is permanently reworked?).

And it shows that we need more people who test the kernels!