[Lenny400] LetuxOS on SD card for MIPS JZ4780 CI20

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Apr 18 19:08:07 CEST 2019

On Thursday 18. April 2019 18.25.36 H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> >> (nc)	red	USB +5V - BTW: it should be possible to connect to pin 2/4 and
> >> power the board through the FTDI USB...
>
> Yes, it works to power the board through the FTDI adapter so that I only
> need one cable :

Interesting! This would be quite convenient.

[...]

> I spent some more minutes and it looks as if the official u-boot source
> recommended here
>
> 	https://www.elinux.org/CI20_Dev_Zone#U-Boot
>
> does not support device tree at all. Which U-Boot are you using on SD card?
> Where did you get it from or how did you build it?

I guess it's the same thing:

https://github.com/MIPS/CI20_u-boot

Branch ci20-v2013.10 from the above repository.

When I looked into this, I made the quick choice of just fixing up the
problems in that code that modern compilers experience (like compiling older
Linux kernels) rather than trying to introduce CI20 support into the upstream
U-Boot. I imagine that the developers just gave up with the upstreaming of
changes.