[Lenny400] LetuxOS on SD card for MIPS JZ4780 CI20

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Apr 14 13:15:46 CEST 2019

On Sunday 14. April 2019 09.32.19 H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> I have now checked with
> https://www.elinux.org/CI20_Hardware#Dedicated_UART_header and my FTDI is
> connected to the primary expansion header:
>
> pin 6	black	GND
> pin 8	white	UART0_TXD
> pin 10	green	UART0_RXD
> (nc)	red	USB +5V - BTW: it should be possible to connect to pin 2/4 and
> power the board through the FTDI USB...
>
> So I have no UART4 connected and in use. Is this the white JST connector?

Yes, I think so, according to the pinout at precisely the position in the page
referenced by the link you gave:

https://www.elinux.org/CI20_Hardware#Dedicated_UART_header

I found that the pins were not usable with the female jumper wires used by my
USB serial adapter (intended for the Raspberry Pi): the wires were too loose
for the pins. The CI20 is a bit of an odd board with regard to some of the
design choices, but maybe there are products that need this kind of connector.