[Lenny400] Patches for linux-stable

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Sep 1 19:31:12 CEST 2017

Hello,

I have attached a single, combined diff for all of the changes I have done so
far against linux-stable (changeset ef954844c7ace62f773f4f23e28d2d915adc419f).

There are probably mistakes made in this code, even though it compiles, and so
it isn't so interesting to provide the change history because I definitely
made mistakes and forgot things as I stumbled through the process of writing
it. And the objectives of writing each piece of code are pretty clear, anyway,
so there's no benefit in seeing it in "slow motion" with commentary. :-)

In any case, the logical grouping of the changes is mostly represented by the
organisation of the code in the filesystem, with only the board and device
tree resources integrating the new and modified functionality. Anything
labelled jz4730 or minipc is new functionality; anything labelled jz4740 is
modified from existing hardware support.

Affected files are as follows:

arch/mips/boot/dts/ingenic/Makefile
arch/mips/boot/dts/ingenic/jz4730.dtsi
arch/mips/boot/dts/ingenic/minipc.dts

(Device tree support, obviously.)

arch/mips/include/asm/mach-jz4740/base.h
arch/mips/include/asm/mach-jz4740/irq.h
arch/mips/include/asm/mach-jz4740/jz4730_timer.h
arch/mips/include/asm/mach-jz4740/platform.h
arch/mips/include/asm/mach-jz4740/timer.h

(Platform support, with separate timer support needing to be added.)

arch/mips/jz4740/Kconfig
arch/mips/jz4740/Makefile
arch/mips/jz4740/board-minipc.c
arch/mips/jz4740/platform.c
arch/mips/jz4740/time.c

(Board and platform support.)

drivers/clk/ingenic/Makefile
drivers/clk/ingenic/cgu.c
drivers/clk/ingenic/cgu.h
drivers/clk/ingenic/jz4730-cgu.c
include/dt-bindings/clock/jz4730-cgu.h

(Clock functionality, with modifications to the divider structures because the
existing support seemed to write divider values directly into register fields
that should contain values encoding a member in a particular sequence of
values, noted in the JZ4740 and other programming manuals.)

drivers/gpio/gpio-ingenic.c
drivers/irqchip/irq-ingenic.c
drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-ingenic.c

(Addition of pin- and interrupt-related support for the JZ4730.)

drivers/pwm/Kconfig
drivers/pwm/Makefile
drivers/pwm/pwm-jz4730.c

(A new PWM driver using the PWM peripheral on the JZ4730, based on what the
JZ4740 driver was doing.)

drivers/rtc/Kconfig
drivers/rtc/rtc-jz4740.c

(Modifications to the RTC driver, apparently needed.)

drivers/watchdog/Kconfig
drivers/watchdog/jz4740_wdt.c

(Modifications to the watchdog timer, apparently needed.)

I will keep looking at the other areas that will need updating, but I thought
that it might be useful to get some feedback now.