[Lenny400] Replacement batteries

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Mon Apr 6 18:24:26 CEST 2015

On Monday 6. April 2015, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Am 06.04.2015 um 16:18 schrieb Daniel Glöckner <daniel-gl at gmx.net>:
> > On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 02:23:28PM +0200, David Boddie wrote:
> >> What constraints on the battery, other than 7.4V, the size
>
> In my experience the dimensions are the main constraint if you want
> comparable capacity (2100 mAh).
>
> I did not yet find any battery for replacement and the originals are
> nowhere obtainable any more (not even on strange chinese web pages).
>
> Pointers are welcome. We can then even add them to the shop.

I just did a quick search for .co.uk sites and found various model shops
but I would need to ask some people who are a bit more familiar with that
scene about the best sites to look at. From the perspective of dimensions,
the depth of the battery appears to be the hardest constraint. The ones I
found are at least 15mm deep.

> >> and maybe also
> >> the capacity do I need to be aware of?
>
> Please think about short circuit/high temperature protection.

These are really my main concerns. I wouldn't want to overcharge a battery,
whether it is in the minibook or not.

Regards,

David