[Lenny400] Hotspot server on Letux400

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller sales at handheld-linux.com
Mon Jun 23 22:39:23 CEST 2014

Hi,
I have aded it to the mailing list - maybe someone knows more.

Am 23.06.2014 um 11:25 schrieb Jakub Saran:

> Hello,
>
> I'll try to change my mips device Letux400 (Debian Lenny 5.0 fresh image) into hotspot server.
>
> Before I'll get to work I've try to find some informations about hotspot servers on linux. Few example articeles:
> http://agentoss.wordpress.com/2011/10/31/creating-a-wireless-access-point-with-debian-linux/
> http://exain.wordpress.com/2011/03/31/making-a-wifi-hotspot-access-point-using-linux-wifi-lan-cardusb-adapter/
>
> Do You think, I can use my Letux400 as hotspot server - it is possible to handle with this? Is hostapd supports Letux ethernet / wifi driver?

Basically yes, but it depends on the WiFi chip and driver if that is "base station capable". I think it is a ZD1211.

Dirvers are around, but I don't know if they can be compiled into the kernel:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zd1211/
https://wiki.debian.org/zd1211rw

-- hns