[Lenny400] sources for APT in Lenny400

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Sep 15 11:47:15 CEST 2012

Am 09.09.2012 um 11:58 schrieb Dima:

> Hi.
>
> 1.
>  Lenny is in Debian archives, and thus APT sources should point there.
>
> In the RootFS from http://download.goldelico.com/letux-400/unstable
>
> I have changed the `/etc/apt/sources.list' to be
>
> ---------------------
> deb http://archive.debian.org/debian-archive/debian lenny main
> ---------------------
>

> The US mirror, ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/, has `debian-archive' too,
> but it seem to be empty last days...

Yes, that is that the /e/a/s.l wasn't updated after the Debian Squeeze
release, when they moved Lenny to the archives.

> 2. By the way, what does
>  deb http://download.goldelico.de/quantumstep/debian stable main
>  contain? Is it useful for Lenny400?

QuantumSTEP is an alternative GUI / Desktop based on GNUstep.
It is work in progress and the deb entry is just to simplity life for
those who try and test it.

It does not harm to have the deb entry. So it only will show up in apt-cache.
And maybe slow down apt-get update a little.