[Lenny400] Wireless on Lenny400

Dima dima at minignu.minidns.net
Sun Sep 9 13:21:10 CEST 2012

Hi.
  The `/etc/network/interfaces' in Lenny400 contains

    iface eth1 inet dhcp
    pre-up sh -c 'echo 1 >/proc/jz/wifi-power'
    post-down sh -c 'echo 0 >/proc/jz/wifi-power'
    wpa-driver zd1211
    wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

which apparently says wireless is used with `wpasupplicant'. Instead,
the `postinst' script installs `wireless-tools'.

  Wireless does not work from the box... How was it inteneded
to work ?

  I have a partial fix, I want to be adviced with it too:
I removed `wireless-tools' and installed `wpasupplicant'
instead. Yet, the `ifup eth1' still does not work...
To work with wireless, I manually do

    echo 1 >/proc/jz/wifi-power
    wpa_supplicant -Dwext -ieth1 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
    dhclient eth1

  How do I fix this situation, to make wireless obey `ifup'/`ifdown' ?
I intend to install `ifplugd' then..

Thanks, regards,
  Dima.