[Gta04-ubuntu-touch] [Tinkerphones] GTA04: TV-out working again!

Jonatan Hatakeyama Zeidler jonatan_zeidler at gmx.de
Mon Jun 4 07:07:00 CEST 2018

>> Unfortunately no. All current Ubuntu Touch devices are Android-based and thus UT can only be installed with android tools like adb and fastboot. There is the ubports-installer which makes that easy for the supported devices. The Librem 5 and the Raspberry will be the first ones that are not Android-based and we still need to find the best way to provide Ubuntu Touch for those true GNU/Linux devices.
> There is Replicant for GTA04 (although not well maintained at the moment) which could suffice.
I would always prefer an Android-free solution. Current UT phones are
such a hybrid because there is no other way on those models...

>> I think the weakest UT devices have at least 1 GB RAM and 8 GB storage. How about tinkerphones?
> The GTA04 has (depending on production variant) between 512MB and 1GB RAM + 512MB to 1GB NAND flash + µSD up to 32GB (maybe 256 GB also works).
Sounds like it might work, at least with 1 GB RAM. Is there anyone with
a GTA04 arround interested in flashing Ubuntu Touch? I do not have one
(yet), as I am playing arround with a Raspberry Pi at the moment.
> A potential Pyra-Phone (if it is ever built) could have 2-4GB and up to 3 µSD with up to 256 GB (and even more if one can afford). And if that is not enough it would have an SATA port for external storage :)
That sounds quiet powerfull and should be a good choice for Ubuntu
Touch. There might even be a good convergence experience, if it had a
slim port.

regards
Jonatan