[Gta04-owner] Replicant 6.0 image

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Jun 29 19:34:22 CEST 2019

On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 19:20:44 +0200

> >> command:
> >>
> >> makesd replicant -r http://download.goldelico.com/letux-replicant/6.0/20190629-replicant-6.0-gta04-root.tar.bz2
> >
> > correction:
> >
> > makesd replicant -r http://download.goldelico.com/letux-replicant/6.0/20190629-replicant-6.0-gta04-root.tbz
>
> Ok,
> boots - and needs time to initialize :)
>
> Well, first observations (on GTA04A4):
>
> * screen dimensions are a little wrong (at least for the initial Replicant logo)
> * [   30.077056] pm_qos_remove_request() called for unknown object
> * console is no longer running as root (good) - but makes debugging much more difficult; no sudo command?
well, adb shell is root.
system console user can be changed in init.rc
search for service console

> * charger only charging with 100mA (since there is no root access through console it can't be increased manually)

there should be a patch for that, but that was first tried
with 4.2v2 so maybe it is broken.

> * no obvious reason why it takes to long to initialize...

I remember it was faster, I think some gfx prog does funny things.
bootanimation should not consume 40% of cpu for a simple image.

In my memories, it was faster... need to check the older install on my
letux3704.

Regards,
Andreas