[Gta04-owner] Replicant 6.0 image

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Jun 29 19:20:44 CEST 2019

> Am 29.06.2019 um 18:35 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:

>>> Great!

>>> Fine. I have added a copy to
>>>
>>> http://download.goldelico.com/letux-replicant/6.0/
>>>
>>> so that it is available for makesd experiments.
>>
>> command:
>>
>> makesd replicant -r http://download.goldelico.com/letux-replicant/6.0/20190629-replicant-6.0-gta04-root.tar.bz2
>
> correction:
>
> makesd replicant -r http://download.goldelico.com/letux-replicant/6.0/20190629-replicant-6.0-gta04-root.tbz

Ok,
boots - and needs time to initialize :)

Well, first observations (on GTA04A4):

* screen dimensions are a little wrong (at least for the initial Replicant logo)
* [   30.077056] pm_qos_remove_request() called for unknown object
* console is no longer running as root (good) - but makes debugging much more difficult; no sudo command?
* charger only charging with 100mA (since there is no root access through console it can't be increased manually)
* no obvious reason why it takes to long to initialize...
* 12 minutes after first boot, it reports Preparing ... (sometimes with a red frame - error? some messages about died transactions on Console)
* after 15 minutes there is a black screen and sometimes the red frame blinking
* after 984 seconds it goes to suspend, power LED still green, but does not wake up any more - well it does by properly pressing the power button, but neither touch screen nor AUX button
* after 18 minutes there was a short flash of the Replicant home screen with a red frame and then it disappeared
* ok, after ca. 20 seconds it did go to suspend again
* after pressing the power button again, there was 1-2 seconds of home screen before it did go to sleep again
* if you are fast enough to touch the screen it stays active
* pretty slow, but works
* trying WiFi:  "libertas_sdio: Unknown symbol lbs_notify_command_response (err 0)" and more
* I think I'll try a reboot now - should come up quicker
* reboot works
* [   38.907928] pm_qos_remove_request() called for unknown object
* kernel warnings from omap_mcbsp_dai_shutdown
* startup still/again very slow...
* most active processes (top)
    PID PR CPU% S  #THR     VSS     RSS PCY UID      Name
   2234  0  56% S    27 721232K  66832K  fg system   system_server
   1808  0  22% S     3  53004K  30976K  fg graphics /system/bin/bootanimation
   1786  0  16% S     9  47208K  29048K  fg system   /system/bin/surfaceflinger
* ifconfig is working (wasn't with Replicant 4.2) but shows no WiFi interface
* after 10 minutes the screen went black and sometimes the red frame is flashing
* still libertas errors as above

So it is very promising but still has bugs (well, it would be unfair to expect anything else).