[Gta04-owner] First trial with QtMoko2

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Mar 29 21:21:53 CEST 2018

Hi,

> Am 29.03.2018 um 12:32 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Am 28.03.2018 um 21:58 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 19:50:21 +0200
>> "H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I think we should add some real version numbers here, ideally some that are automatically incremented
>>> each time we build these packages.
>>>
>> There is some
>> git-buildpackage stuff.
>>
>> I have not found out how to use it yet.
>
> Maybe it is as simple as doing some
>
> sed -i 's|qtmoko (59-1)|qtmoko (59-"$(date +%Y%m%d)")|g' debian/changelog
>
> before starting dpkg-buildpackage.
> The same trick seems to work for the qt-embedded package.

Seems to basically work:

	http://download.goldelico.com/letux-debian-rootfs/debian/dists/wheezy/main/source/qtmoko_60.20180329_armhf.changes
	http://download.goldelico.com/letux-debian-rootfs/debian/dists/wheezy/main/binary-armhf/?C=M;O=D

This will make it possible that users just do apt-get update&upgrade every
now and then and automatically get newer/fixed releases. So there is no
need to make big releases and create new SD-cards.

Well, this automatism violates good practice of providing a real changelog
(because it is constant and does not follow git commits [1]), but is still
better than nothing.

More packages/testing (and a jessie version) are to come after the

happy easter holidays,
Nikolaus

[1] well some additional sed command could automatically insert a
    http link to the head of our git repo...