[Gta04-owner] How to automate setting IP on cdc_ether netdev

radek polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri May 12 15:14:38 CEST 2017

---------- Původní e-mail ----------
Od: Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>
Komu: gta04-owner at goldelico.com
Datum: 6. 5. 2017 15:44:40
Předmět: [Gta04-owner] How to automate setting IP on cdc_ether netdev
"Does someone know how I can most easily automate setting IP
192.168.0.200 on the cdc_ether device that I get (on my laptop) when
connecting my GTA04 over USB?

At the moment:

- I'm getting a device named enp0s20u2, with an apparently random MAC
address.

- Because the MAC address is different each time (I think), Network
Manager thinks it's a different connection each time.

- Manual setting with 'ip a a 192.168.0.200/24 dev enp0s20u2' doesn't
stick, because Network Manager is managing the device.

- Hence I keep having to edit the connection settings in Network Manager
- which is a pain!

Suggestions? "

Hi,

QtMoko had DHCP server on usb0. Worked quite nice except that

NM on PC picked the connection as default so it killed PC's default

connection. Maybe there is way to make usb0 not preferred, but

i havent figured out.

Sorry for html email - it's unbelievable that biggest cz freemail

cant be used for mailing list.

BR

Radek