[Gta04-owner] How to automate setting IP on cdc_ether netdev

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat May 6 15:54:24 CEST 2017

On Sat, 6 May 2017 14:44:06 +0100
Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> wrote:

> Does someone know how I can most easily automate setting IP
> 192.168.0.200 on the cdc_ether device that I get (on my laptop) when
> connecting my GTA04 over USB?
>
> At the moment:
>
> - I'm getting a device named enp0s20u2, with an apparently random MAC
> address.

I think this can be disabled so it is always usb0.
andi at aktux:/etc/systemd/network$ ls -l
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Apr 15 22:06 99-default.link -> /dev/null

On your laptop you have not so many network ifaces that it cannot mix up
without this interface naming. It is mainly useful more machines with
e.g. multiple ethernet cards.

And then it is just the usual

auto usb0
allow-hotplug usb0