[Gta04-owner] [Tinkerphones] Status GTA04A5

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Mar 18 14:18:42 CET 2017

Hi,
some small update.

> Am 14.03.2017 um 21:24 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>
> I did run the hw-test for all 11 boards and the result is:
>
> 	10 boot fine,
> 	1 is not charging the battery through USB but
> 	   USB-Ethernet gadget works.
>
> It is planned to copy the test results to http://www.gta04.org/serial.php
> but that might need some smaller fixes for the serial.php script since
> the tester database format has changed a little (but not much).

> Still to be done is a real test phone call to evaluate antenna,
> microphone, and earpiece. This means: place a board into case,
> insert SD&SIM cards, boot and run the /root/dial script and check
> if a phone call has good sound. Repeat for all others boards...
> Quite tedious.

> But assuming (since the GTM601W reponds to AT commands on all 11
> boards) this runs fine as well, the result will be good since it
> looks as if 10 GTA04A5 become ready to ship by end of this week.
> Plus maybe up to two spare GTA04A4 boards which I found recently
> and also have to test.

So far 8 boards have passed all tests. Two have shown minor flaws
I have to look into.

And I have added a fix for the 2016.11 U-Boot which makes the latest
kernel much better boot on GTA04A4 boards.

Kernel Letux-4.10.3 is also available which fixes a 6 years old
security flaw that was reported in the press.