[Gta04-owner] [Tinkerphones] Status GTA04A5

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Thu Mar 16 22:55:17 CET 2017

On Thu 16 March 2017 22:31:33 joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> For a way more
> thorough test, the charger circuit in TWL4030 should get switched off prior
> to voltage test (if possible, I don't have the TRM at hand, with the
> register specs)

http://www.ti.com/general/docs/lit/getliterature.tsp?baseLiteratureNumber=swca025&fileType=pdf

To reduce leakage in the backup battery charger after charging completes,
software can measure
VBACKUP using the MADC conversion. If VBACKUP has reached the desired voltage,
**the backupmodule can be disabled by setting the BBCHEN bit to 0**.
<<

Alternatively
BBSEL=11 (or whatever the polyacene allows)
wait unitl VBAT > 2V8
BBSEL=00
wait 2 seconds
Then  check the actual voltage doesn't drop to 2V5 in an instant.
(Delay time 2 seconds is a ballpark random number)

/j

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign
/\