[Gta04-owner] What went wrong with Ubuntu's phone effort

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Thu Jun 29 18:49:45 CEST 2017

Hello Nikolaus,

> And especially in the topic of education every age has its own
> view of what is good or not. There are ancient greek or egyptian texts
> which talk about pupils who don't want to learn and are worse
> than in past times and have no respect for the elderly wisdom...

I disagree. See:

    https://www.aphorismen.de/zitat/19942

(Translation: "Teaching doesn't mean to fill a container, but to spark a
fire."  Aristophanes, approx. 450 - 385 B.C., Greek comedy poet")

So this hasn't changed over the chiliads.

But today young people will be pressed into a bullshit that has been named
"learning modules". See:

    http://www.hochschuldidaktik.uni-freiburg.de/angebote/programm/modul-i

https://bildungsserver.berlin-brandenburg.de/fileadmin/bbb/Lebenslanges_Lernen/Weiterbildungsportal/05_Das_Lernen_lernen.pdf

You cannot image how happy I am that I'm old enough to not have to bear
such idiocy. And facing this I completely understand why nowadays there's
compulsory attendance at the highschools whereas "we" had the freedom to
truancy boring courses. And to write the examination anyway without ever
having attended the waste of time.

It's also absolutely clear for me why nowadays children will *get* the
diagnosis "attention deficit disorder syndrome" whereas "we" *forgave* the
diagnosis "crap teacher syndrome"...

Best regards
   Sven