[Gta04-owner] What went wrong with Ubuntu's phone effort

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Thu Jun 29 09:25:53 CEST 2017

Hello Andreas,

>> If the remaining 99.9% of mankind would understand what's going on,
>> then reputation of these "opponents" would decrease significantly.
>
> Well, it is religion. People sometimes trust to navigation systems to
> make them magically go over the water. People believe in that. Well,
> there is an app for something so that must be ok and good.
> If that would not be the case then nerds would be asked by usual
> computer users questions like:"If I use this communication technology,
> my friend has always to use a special device, is there any
> alternative?"

I don't think that it's due to religion. I think it's digital dementia.

We have learned to navigate with this:
    https://www.amazon.de/Shell-Atlas-2016-2017-Deutschland/dp/3826460448

How many people are still able to handle this, nowadays?

I was told that meanwhile young people have been sighted while trying to
zoom the schedules of train arrivals / departures in railway stations by
two fingers...   :-o

> Hmm, lets cite Immanual Kant.

I really like Immanuel Kant very much. But I think in this topic he cannot
help.

> IMHO that is the main point of childhood and a bit also of adults.
> Even children do not get that tought so often. Sometimes parents
> are not happy anymore if their children just play around in
> kindergarten. There has always to be some kind of organized learning.
> Hmm, is that really so much better than having children to work?

Indeed this is an important question. But it has already been answered 47
years ago. See here:

    http://fragmente-wiesbaden.de/resources/Illich_Erziehung.pdf

Best regards
   Sven