[Gta04-owner] What went wrong with Ubuntu's phone effort

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jun 28 20:06:49 CEST 2017

> Am 28.06.2017 um 16:59 schrieb Sven Dyroff <S.Dyroff at phytec.de>:
>
> Hello Nicolaus,
>
> > So I'd summarize as: mankind is happy with the status quo of what is offered by the big players,
> > making it too tough for individuals to change or get appreciation.
> >
> > But can this be the answer for the next 100 years?
>
> The problem is to provide insight in the key axiom of this system: "If you think that everything is alright, then you don't know what's going on!"
>

> > The key point seems to be that the commercial and (partially) closed "opponents" don't have a bad reputation.
>
> If the remaining 99.9% of mankind would understand what's going on, then reputation of these "opponents" would decrease significantly.

Well there is IMHO a difference between "understanding" and "caring about".
Most people don't care about such topics.
If they would, they would try to understand (aka "learn").

But not caring about such topics might be because they care about other things which are equally important for mankind.

> > Looks like a point of saturation with IT.
>
> In my view it's already an overkill with IT. See:
>
>     https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdG757YdLgtQCcBHtVpj_ihghjsfqAHEs_WCRbaXarVuX3WJ5oRA <https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdG757YdLgtQCcBHtVpj_ihghjsfqAHEs_WCRbaXarVuX3WJ5oRA>
>     https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGJEeDiw6GBzkynZpIWm5n2oOSGewxAXFDAZPR5ANMpWXAJBQSnw <https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGJEeDiw6GBzkynZpIWm5n2oOSGewxAXFDAZPR5ANMpWXAJBQSnw>

Nice :)

I knew the first one but not yet the second one.