[Gta04-owner] What went wrong with Ubuntu's phone effort

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jun 28 07:07:09 CEST 2017

Hi Neil,

> Am 27.06.2017 um 14:10 schrieb Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>:
>
> In case you haven't already seen it, you may find this to be interesting reading: http://www.lieberbiber.de/2017/06/20/my-ubuntu-for-mobile-devices-post-mortem/

It is very interesting that "the community" is more discussing why things fail nowadays, than what can be done...

The key point seems to be that the commercial and (partially) closed "opponents" don't have a bad reputation.
Well, if they had, it would be easy for a volunteer community to do something. And non-developers would be more interested what we do.

Looks like a point of saturation with IT.

So I'd summarize as: mankind is happy with the status quo of what is offered by the big players, making it too tough for individuals to change or get appreciation.

But can this be the answer for the next 100 years?

Have we un-learned to play around and learn just for fun?