[Gta04-owner] Letux Kernel 4.12-rc5

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Mon Jun 12 23:17:30 CEST 2017

Hi Nikolaus!

> and again a new kernel release candidate...

> There is mainly a fix for Bluetooth on GTA04A5.
>
> Generally I want to encourage to really test and report results!
> Recently I haven't seen many user reports...
>
> Any issues with this project? Should it go into a different direction?

I am sorry that I have not contributed anything for a long time, but I
am still reading and very much appreciating your emails.

My passion for a 'tinkerphone' is growing again, and it's greatly
encouraged by your continuing efforts, Nikolaus, on hardware, on the
kernel, and now on QtMoko.  I really don't know how you do it!

The only technical thing that I would say, is that I would encourage
people to work on software that can be freely mixed and matched - rather
than thinking that there must be a single monolithic 'solution' such as
Replicant or QtMoko - because for me that is what the 'tinkering' is all
about.

Best wishes - Neil