[Gta04-owner] [Tinkerphones] Towards QtMoko2: building QtMoko from sources

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Sun Jun 4 13:18:57 CEST 2017

Quoting H. Nikolaus Schaller (2017-06-04 11:41:19)
> Am 04.06.2017 um 10:17 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard <jonas at jones.dk>:
>> Please read http://deb.jones.dk/ and tell me which parts of that is
>> flawed or superfluous or wrong in other ways.
>
> That is a nice blueprint of exactly what I need and how it should be
> done!
>
> If I get it right (just from reading and guessing what it does) it
> assumes that your key is stored in debian-keyring.

Correct: My instruction is simpler than yours can be: Users of Debian
already implicitly trust the _identities_ of all Debian members (but
trust only _releases_ signed by special release keys).

I can therefore suggest users to establish a trust path by finding my
key among the keys they already trust.

You could instead suggest users to establish a trust path by finding my
key among the keys they already trust, and then finding your key among
signatures made by me.

> And this requires that you are trusted by the maintainers of
> debian-keyring.

debian-keyring *only* contains keys from within Debian.

> Then you can declare that you are trusted and others can verify before
> taking your word only.

you can declare all you want - that won't change anything, as you have
no power over the users system.  Yet... ;-)

The _user_ can declare that package releases done (not only by Debian
officially, but also) independently by you should be trusted.

> But how does your key get into debian-keyring?

By joining Debian. There is no other way for that specifically, so you
need to adapt instructions to other means of establishing your identity.

 - Jonas