[Gta04-owner] [Tinkerphones] Towards QtMoko2: building QtMoko from sources

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Jun 3 20:46:16 CEST 2017

Hi Jonas,
nice to read from you.

> Am 03.06.2017 um 19:38 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard <jonas at jones.dk>:
>
> Quoting H. Nikolaus Schaller (2017-06-03 18:18:49)
>> b) add to /etc/apt/sources.list
>>
>>        deb http://www.qtmoko.net/download/ wheezy main
>>        deb-src http://www.qtmoko.net/download/ wheezy main
> [...]
>> Well, there are still some limitations I want to work on in the next weeks:
>> * the repository has no GPG signatures so one has to work around
>> apt-get security complaints
>
> Simplest is probably to instead use these APT lines:
>
>    deb [ trusted=yes ] http://www.qtmoko.net/download/ wheezy main
>    deb-src [ trusted=yes ] http://www.qtmoko.net/download/ wheezy main

Simplest for the user.

Maybe I should learn how to GPG sign packages and the repository...
Probably the biggest issue is that I need a certificate that is accepted
by the Debian key ring.

>> * compilation is still slow despite ccache. I should try the 200GB
>> card on a Pyra or OMAP5432EVM as soon as there becomes one available
>> for running in background
>
> Another option is to compile on an ARM device with SATA interface and
> more memory.

Yes, the Pyra and OMAP5EVM have both (2-4GB RAM, 8-16 times as fast CPU
and SATA interface). But I still need one that is not too often needed
for something else. And, the only spare SATA hard disk I have is broken...

So maybe someone with suche a machine can pick up my work and report results.