[Gta04-owner] Gta04-owner Digest, Vol 74, Issue 17 using foil whit goldperls

joerg at azami.de joerg at azami.de
Thu Feb 23 23:49:58 CET 2017

> Am 23.02.2017 um 12:22 schrieb joerg at azami.de:
>
> Hi all.
>
> About OMAP  unsolderable ?

Well, it is solderable, but not at expected yield.

>> I just wonder if it is possible to use a foil with micro gold pearls an
>> glue the chip only in stat soldering.

>Interesting idea! Does that exists at reasonable price or do we have to
get it
custom made?

No Not custom made. I have seen it in a modern chip factory presentation.

course there chips hat so many gold plated contacts an thy are so close
together.

The Perls were so small not too shorten and so many not to miss one contact.
So every Contact hat at least one Perl.

Another advantage is the heat it could resist a higher  one.
using pressure and heat the robot was very quick on it.

An I remember they removed the leftover foil after putting the chip down
and chemically got the Perls for reuse back.

I'am  trying to remember the footage or search for it again.

LG Joerg Mueller