[Gta04-owner] re-installing qtmoko broken?

Erich Wälde ew.ng7125 at nassur.net
Tue Feb 7 21:40:39 CET 2017

Hello all,

my trusty gta04/qtmoko has given up a few weeks ago (probably
the content of the sdcard corrupted). I tried to reinstall using
instructions found here:
http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-makesd/

DEV=/dev/sdd ./makesd qtmoko

failed first due to a download failure, fixed by s/letux/gta04/
on one line in the script makesd:

-     qtmoko ) P="http://download.goldelico.com/letux-qtmoko/$VARIANT.tbz" ;;
+     qtmoko ) P="http://download.goldelico.com/gta04-qtmoko/$VARIANT.tbz" ;;

There seems to be another error later fixed by calling the
script differently

- DEV=/dev/sdd ./makesd -f ext4 -r qtmoko -d all    -k latest
+ DEV=/dev/sdd ./makesd -f ext4 -r qtmoko -d latest -k latest

This downloads everything needed and unpacks the system onto
sdcard.

HOWEVER, this results in an unbootable system. The screen turns
black after the u-boot boot loader (white screen and green LED)
and does not change for at least 15 Minutes.

So, the question is: what else to look for? Could it be that
there is a bootloader update needed or something such? Or a
u-boot script file???

I can provide an install log, if that helps.

I managed to install replicant-4.2 but find it unusable due to
its power consumption: my batteries (ca. at 80%) are completely
drained in less than 8 hours.

Ideas?
Thank you!

Erich

--
The purpose of computing is insight --- not numbers
R. Hamming