[Gta04-owner] replicant make question

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sun Apr 23 12:23:59 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 10:26:52 +0200
Jonas Smedegaard <jonas at jones.dk> wrote:

> Quoting Andreas Kemnade (2017-04-22 21:42:47)
> > I just changed the audio routing in the replicant 4.2 source so that it
> > should be compatible with 4.10 hw routing kernel,
> > adapted for newer modem firmwares.
> >
> > And now
> > make systemtarball
> > does not recompile that. I just did a rm -rf out/target. And then it
> > seems to build the stuff again.
> > But I do not want to do that for every build. How to do that better?
>
> I recommend to a) build from scratch each time, but b) speedup by using
> ccache and eatmydata.

I had accidently a shell without proper environment set up.
So it was building for a "generic" device. So it was
my fault, not the make system.
So: a false alert.

For a handful of changes I will just have a look at make output.
And for bigger ones maybe a full recompile without ccache or things
like that. There is a compiler build during build. I don't want to find
out pitfalls related to that in combination with ccache.

Regards,
Andreas