[Gta04-owner] Status of GTA04A5 production +++ has started +++ video available

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Sep 24 09:38:32 CEST 2016

> Am 22.09.2016 um 17:31 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>
> Hi,
> we are coming closer...
>
> I had a short meeting to discuss placement of some components today.
> For example the position of the two LEDs is not easy to determine because
> they are tilted a little.
>
> But the whole GTA04 design is more complex than they thought, so that
> they had much more work than planned to program the Siplace system.
> This was intersting to see.
>
> Basically they have a CAD system where they read in the Gerber files
> and overlay Pick&Place positions and component packages. Components
> can be shifted and rotated manually if needed. This is automatically
> replicated for a multiple panel.
>
> I have already seen the boxes with all components. Those are tempered
> tonight and tomorrow they do the setup. Depending on how long it needs,
> they can start tomorrow. Or Monday latest.
>
> All this means they are again behind schedule. But not much and we can
> be happy to have someone who produces so small quantities for us with
> such elaborated machinery. And they have already produced many OpenPandora
> devices so they know how to solder the PoP chips.
>
> Anyways I will take a camera with me tomorrow so that I can show some
> scenes from setting up GTA04 production then.

Yeah! Here it is:

	https://youtu.be/8PZOa-789eY

Everything looks good and the first boards have been populated by chips
and connectors on the bottom side. This is the side where the display
will be installed.

The complex top side with OMAP3, package-on-package RAM+NAND and the
3G module will be done on Monday.

Then we will also x-ray the boards to check if they are soldered properly
without short circuits - and I will do the first function tests.

Let's hope that there is no hidden design bug.