[Gta04-owner] Freifunk

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Tue Mar 15 08:22:20 CET 2016

Hi,

On Wed, 2 Mar 2016 20:12:32 +0100
Lukas Maerdian <luk at slyon.de> wrote:

> Am 02.03.2016 um 17:20 schrieb Andreas Kemnade:
> > On Wed, 2 Mar 2016 12:48:23 +0100
> > Lukas Maerdian <luk at slyon.de> wrote:

> >> I used the GTA04 (Replicant with 3.12 and/or 4.4 kernel) with Freifunk
> >> MUC APs. The connection is working as expected, but I never had a
> >> closer look at power consumption or other low-level details, so I
> >> guess I cannot help you there.
> >>
> > Did you check only the public, open interface or also an added private
> > interface with WPA2 (which did not let me in)? At least the Freifunk
> > firmware I have seen offers such an option to extend one's own private
> > network.
>
> I only tested the public, open interface, as I have not configured and I
> am not using the private interface on my Freifunk APs.

A short summary what I have found out:
I started hostapd on my own computer and there I got:
wlan0: STA XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX IEEE 802.11: Station tried to associate
with unknown SSID ''

No problems when I configure hostapd without WPA.
Analyzing the libertas driver and debug output leads me to the assumption that
the bug could be easily fixed in the libertas kernel driver.

Regards,
Andreas