[Gta04-owner] wifi patches in letux-base?

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mon Jan 25 22:42:07 CET 2016

Hi Nikolaus,

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 18:07:04 +0100

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Am 24.01.2016 um 22:27 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > Am 24.01.2016 um 21:22 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have done some further analysis:

> >> superseeded by
> >> libertas: move firmware lifetime handling to firmware.c
> >> 1dfba3060fe7ee03ccec25a91d35085142dfc295
> >> probably merged with that to the proper thing.
> >
> > I think merging something twice is not harmful.
> >
> > We probably cherry-picked a preliminary version which was changed on its way
> > through linux-next to linus/master.

> >> falso alert
> >> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/net/wireless/libertas/if_sdio.c?id=d94248ac2aef78e39a76321458a78ba7805dba2e

required, looks sane but not complete yet, reason:
drivers/mmc/core/core.c changed.
The card is now only removed if the sdio card driver does not have suspend/resume
functions. pre_suspend in sdio.c returns ENOSYS then which is called in core.c

does not seem to work without. It is unclear whether that is the proper fix.

> >> These things are not upstreamed and require more analysis.
> >> I will check these.
> >> Still waiting to be ported from my 3.7-neil-plus-plus:
> >> 8b9da484f3f4e7129debf887f373dd2d95f96068
> >> wireless:libertas: fix race conditions on resume
> >> That is definitively needed in recent kernels.
> >
> > I have cherry-picked and fixed 3 merge conflicts. Two appeared to be easy but one (if_sdio_power_restore)
> > wasn't. Please look into it when I push the merge results in the next days.

I think I can better make use of the waitqueue in if_sdio.c to have it even simpler.

> Ok, here it is:
>
> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/kemnade/wifi-sdio-fixes

I have put together the stuff at
https://github.com/akemnade/linux/tree/work/kemnade/wifi-sdio-fixes-v3

For now, that power management fix is not in. As it touches code which is also touched by some of the three neil patches in letux-base, I will first check what is up with the other ones.

Regards,
Andreas