[Gta04-owner] wifi patches in letux-base?

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jan 25 18:07:04 CET 2016

Hi Andreas,

Am 24.01.2016 um 22:27 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Am 24.01.2016 um 21:22 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have done some further analysis:
>>
>> On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 23:08:01 +0100

>> superseeded by
>> libertas: move firmware lifetime handling to firmware.c
>> 1dfba3060fe7ee03ccec25a91d35085142dfc295
>> probably merged with that to the proper thing.
>
> I think merging something twice is not harmful.
>
> We probably cherry-picked a preliminary version which was changed on its way
> through linux-next to linus/master.

>> falso alert
>> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/net/wireless/libertas/if_sdio.c?id=d94248ac2aef78e39a76321458a78ba7805dba2e
>>>>
>> These things are not upstreamed and require more analysis.
>> I will check these.
>> Still waiting to be ported from my 3.7-neil-plus-plus:
>> 8b9da484f3f4e7129debf887f373dd2d95f96068
>> wireless:libertas: fix race conditions on resume
>> That is definitively needed in recent kernels.
>
> I have cherry-picked and fixed 3 merge conflicts. Two appeared to be easy but one (if_sdio_power_restore)
> wasn't. Please look into it when I push the merge results in the next days.

Ok, here it is:

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/kemnade/wifi-sdio-fixes

git rebase was clever enough to detect the rename to a marvell/ subdirectory. So it was easy to rebase this patch set.
The most difficult thing was that omapdss is now duplicated. One version is in drivers/video/fbdev/omap2/omapdss
and the other in drivers/gpu/drm/omapdss. Both have their own versions of panel drivers.

Since we have switched to DRM (because omapfb didn't work well any more), I have (re)moved our specific panel drivers
to drivers/gpu/drm as well.

But for the GTA04 it isn't a problem since our td028ttec1 panel driver is already upstream.

What I don't know is how this affects the PVR/SGX stuff (which didn't work anyways since 3.8 or so). I think there
was an omaplfb bridge for fbdev based systems and a DRM based variant. I can only hope that TI is publishing
something new.