[Gta04-owner] Using touchscreen as a touchpad?

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Thu Apr 21 14:08:30 CEST 2016

Has anyone tried configuring the GTA04 touchscreen to behave as a
touchpad instead of a touchscreen?  Would the kernel code for the
touchscreen support that?

Subject to the latter, I think the former is possible in principle by
using libinput and configuring a udev rule like this:

ACTION=="add|change", KERNEL=="event[0-9]*", ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="...",
ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="...b", ENV{ID_INPUT_TOUCHSCREEN}="",
ENV{ID_INPUT_TOUCHPAD}="1"

(following
https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/udev_config.html)

Also has anyone tried using an external input device instead of the
touchscreen?  I think it would need to be something that is easy to
carry around with the phone, doesn't need a surface to sit on, is USB-
or bluetooth-connected, and can generate pointer and scroll events.

Thanks,
	Neil